Patent brokerage ensures you get the best price for your patents
Patent sales allow owners to recover R&D investment, as well as patent filing and maintenance fees, on patents that are no longer relevant to the business. Selling patents has become integral to portfolio management and a recognized way to generate capital for companies. Our experienced brokerage team assists patent owners in monetizing their IP through the sale of patents. ClearViewIP has a successful track record and shares the risk and reward with its brokerage clients through a commission-based compensation framework.
ClearViewIP works alongside patent owners through the whole patent transaction process and is familiar with specific requirements of a range of IP owners, from the individual inventor who spent significant personal resources developing an invention to large corporations who need to divest portfolios following a major reorganization.
Benefits from patent brokerage
Generally, patent owners prefer to engage a reputable patent broker for the following reasons:
- The seller may not have access to potential buyers or buyers’ brokers and is unlikely to be aware of buyers’ acquisition needs
- The seller may not have the resources or skills to develop strong marketing materials
- The seller may not have a clear view of the value of its IP
- The seller may have a large portfolio and require assistance to find suitable groups of patents to sell
What ClearViewIP delivers
ClearViewIP employs a clear and transparent five-stage patent transaction process:
- Engagement: initial qualitative evaluation and confirmation of the list of patents and assets available for sale
- Development of Commercial Strategy: commercial patent clustering, identification of potential buyers, development of pricing strategy and marketing pack including Evidence-of-Use documents
- Execution of Commercial Strategy: contact potential buyers, report progress and provide support and advice during price negotiation
- Transaction Support: commercial support during contractual negotiations
- Close: logistical support during the buyer’s due diligence and closing period